Finance Manager Opportunity
We are a small team of developers and consultants, based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, who help brand teams and agencies in the pharmaceutical industry make the most of CLM platforms such as Veeva and MI Touch/Nexxus through app development and technical consultancy.
Accountable for the day-to-day running of the businesses finances, you will be hands-on and responsible for ensuring that both internal and external monthly and quarterly finance deadlines are met. You will cover the usual spectrum of finance activities including preparation of monthly management accounts, budgeting & cashflow forecasting, ledgers and journals, banking/reconciliations, creditor maintenance etc. as well as working on ad hoc finance projects. You will welcome being able to make the role your own and use you knowledge and experience to develop our financial processes and add value.
Also working closely with the Founder and Client Service Manager you will together establish best practice processes for twentyeightb that not only add value but support the smooth running of the business and enable real-time and accurate data and forecasts to aid our business decisions.
What we are looking for from you
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role with a formal accountancy qualification such as AAT or qualified by relevant experience.
- Experience of accounting software, ideally Xero.
- Proven experience of setting up fit for purpose processes relevant to the business and that add value.
- Experience of working within the business, acting as a partner and working with colleagues to add value.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Confident communicator, naturally comfortable working with all levels of stakeholder.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Good digital understanding and a willingness to build your knowledge in our product and service offering.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical or another regulatory environment.
- Marketing Communications/Agency background.
- You naturally take ownership for delivery, from start to finish.
- High energy and motivated you take pride in all you do.
- You take pride in exceeding expectations.
- Methodical and logical but with an agility to adapt and flex.
- Naturally curious and willing to learn, you are always happy to invest time to deepen your experience and knowledge.
- Self-sufficient, you enjoy personal responsibility and a freedom in what you do but always knowing when to seek support from the team.
- You are quick to pick things up and are able to see the bigger picture, with commerciality in mind.
- Constant drive for improvement.
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility in your approach.
What will you get from us
We are looking for people who want to be part of our journey and be engaged in helping us to drive our plans forward:
- This is a part time role, 16-20 hours per week. There will be a number of hours which will need to be fixed for operational needs but we are happy to consider flexibility in working patterns for the remainder of the hours.
- Flexibility is available for a combination of office and remote working.
- We will support you to stretch and develop your skills and experiences and will do so in a supportive and collaborative working environment. We are growing and are keen to support our team to develop themselves and their career aspirations in tandem with our growth.
- A voice. We are interested in what you have to say and how you think you can bring new perspectives and add value to what we do.
- Excellent coffee.
- Part-time office dog!
What happens next
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please do so by emailing us today quoting ‘FMCP’ in the subject box. Please also include details of your current salary/package, notice period and any dates you are unavailable for interview.
Due to potentially large numbers of applications, we may not be able to respond to all those applicants who have not been successfully shortlisted. For peace of mind, you will receive notification that we have safely received your application.